- Operation of the Illumina NovaSeq6000 and PacBio SEQUEL IIe DNA sequencers. This includes coordination with the Gene Expression core and other users in order to plan multi-user runs in multi-lane instruments.
- Prepare “Sample Sheets” for programming sequencing runs. Work independently to update and optimize NGS protocols as needed.
- Assist NextGen Sequencing scientific core director in project management.
- Perform routine quality control assays on submitted samples; prepare high-quality sequencing libraries; set-up and initiate instrument sequencing runs.
- Evaluate, implement, and troubleshoot new Next Generation DNA sequencing instruments.
- Coordinate RNASeq library receipt from the Gene Expression Core and schedule instrument runs.
- Supply inventory management including purchasing of reagents and consumables.
- Schedule equipment preventive maintenance and instrument repair calls.
- Serve as the NextGen DNA Sequencing Laboratory Safety Liaison.
Closes: May 31st
The Interdisciplinary Center for Biotechnology Research (ICBR) Core Research Facility Specialist II will be responsible for processing submitted customer samples for RNASeq library construction. This includes sample accessioning, nucleic acid concentration determination, and enzymatic conversion of RNA to cDNA for NGS sequencing on the Illumina platform. Additional duties include nucleic acid extraction and quality assessment, processing samples on the 10X Genomics Chromium instrument for single cell library prep for RNAseq and iSeq, and preparing RNASeq libraries from VISIUM spatial transcript profiling platform. operation of the 10X Genomics Chromium instrument for preparation of single cell RNASeq libraries, and preparation of 16S metagenomic libraries for Illumina DNA Sequencing. Other responsibilities include laboratory supply inventory management, data delivery, and preparing customer invoices using the CrossLab system. This position requires hands on laboratory experience in advanced molecular biology methods including PCR. Must be able to follow detailed Standard Operating Procedures and be able to work effectively within a team environment and interact professionally with customers.
- Prepare high quality RNASeq libraries and 16s metagenomics libraries for Illumina DNA Sequencing; operation of liquid handling robot for NGS library preparation, and qPCR plate set up.
- Process samples on the 10X Genomics Chromium instrument for single cell library prep for RNAseq and iSeq; Prepare RNASeq libraries from VISIUM spatial transcript profiling platform.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis customer nucleic acid samples using Nanodrop, Qubit and Bioanalyzer/TapeStation platforms
Closes: June 4th
- Analysis of submitted customer samples on Flow Cytometers such as BD Fortessa, BD Symphony A3, BD Canto II, BD Accuri C6 or any Spectral Flow Cytometer
- Cell Sorting of customer samples on a BD ARIA or Sony SH800
- Training of users on self-service flow Cytometers and confocal microscopes
- Provide technical support to self-users; assist with trouble shooting, repairing, and testing of flow cytometers, sorters, and other equipment.
- Perform daily routine equipment calibration and maintenance according to established SOP
- Perform data analysis for researchers using specialized data analysis software
- Provide consultation and support for grant applications and publication
- Arrange for preventative maintenance and required repairs of instruments.
- Serve as primary point of contact to customers
- Answer emails for customers in a timely fashion
- Perform administrative duties including data delivery, customer consultation, and billing log preparation and log conversion for upload into ilab
- Provide education, training, and consultation to users/customers in cytometric methodologies and confocal imaging techniques
- Prepare Project Statement of Work documents defining deliverables and timelines
- Coordinate sample receipt from customers and data delivery
- Coordinate delivery of samples to other ICBR Cores for further analysis
Closes: June 8th