Phone: (352) 273-8030
Fax: (352) 273-8070
Monday – Friday
This is a non-tenure track faculty position at the level of Assistant or Associate Scientist.
Serve as the ICBR site expert in NextGen DNA sequencing, staying abreast of the latest developments in the field as well as other related fields. Implement detailed laboratory policies regarding complex scientific instrument usage, technical staffing roles, and availability of laboratory services towards the general UF research community. Develop and maintain laboratory SOPs to ensure consistent quality across all staff members. Develop strategic plans for increasing awareness of the shared resource facility and the services provided.
Lead and supervise the core staff of 4 – 6 individuals. Supervisory duties include holding regular staff meetings, performing quarterly performance appraisals using the UF Engaged system, reviewing and approving time, providing necessary trainings, as well as leading process for recruiting new staff. Fulfill requests from ICBR Administration for technical information, policy formulation, strategic decisions, and information dissemination.
Perform the administrative duties necessary for a fee-for-service facility operation, such as data analysis and delivery, weekly billing for services, provide budget and financial oversight. Additional duties include, effective budget management, rate setting and review, and staff recruitment. Serve as a member of the ICBR Senior Staff participating in monthly meetings and strategic planning…
Closes: Open Until Filled
• Analysis of submitted customer samples on Flow Cytometers such as BD Fortessa, BD Symphony A3, BD Canto II, BD Accuri C6, Cytoflex, or other Flow Cytometer
• Cell Sorting of customer samples on a BD ARIA II/II, Sony SH800 or Symphony S6 sorter
• Training of users on self-service flow Cytometers and optical microscopes
• Provides technical support including by troubleshooting, repairing, and testing of flow cytometers, sorters, and other equipment for cell analysis.
• Perform daily routine equipment calibration and maintenance according to established SOPs
• Perform data analysis for researchers using specialized data analysis software…
No new positions at this time.